Students will learn and apply musical knowledge in the Trojan Band based on the Arizona Academic Standards in music.
- Perform with expression and technical accuracy a large varied ensemble repertoire with the level of difficulty 4 on a scale of 1-6.
- Sight-read accurately and expressively music with level of difficulty 3.
- Understand the basic concepts of music theory.
- Classify music by genre or style and by historical period or culture.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of musical terminology.
- Identify specific criteria for making informed, critical evaluations of the quality and effectiveness of performances; apply these criteria to personal participation in music.
In preparation and performances, we wish to reflect Christ in all we do. Every performance is an opportunity to have a significant impact on the world around us through our actions and the ministry of music. The performances include:
- Fall performances will include supporting the football team and entertaining our fans at half-time in marching band performances.
- Winter performances will include a Christmas Concert and time for individual development and achievement including State Solo and Ensemble Festival and our own Chamber Music Recital.
- Spring performances will include a large group festival evaluation , a Spring Concert including full orchestra and middle school guests, and traditional graduation music.
This course will improve musicians’ musical reading ability and rhythmic intuition through the study of complex rhythms via non-traditional instruments. It also provides performance opportunities that aid in individual and ensemble advancement. This course is open to students with director approval and either enrollment in a VCHS music ensemble or by audition. Valley Rhythmics brings to life a true ”garbage can” band. Full year – 1 credit.
- Study and understand complex rhythms and any articulations
- Work on and increase creativity
- Learn the concept of team building and teamwork
- Create their own song/piece and notate it using Finale software
- Perform on a monthly basis
- Plan and develop each performance’s set-up and choreography