The mission of Valley Christian Schools is to equip students to be culture changers for Christ by delivering academic excellence, facilitating spiritual growth, and building lifelong community.
Our Core Values
Honoring Christ in everything we do.
Pursuing excellence in all things, for the glory of God.
Building community and connecting past, current, and future VCS families for lifelong community.
Changing culture by developing well-rounded culture changers for Christ.
Statement of Faith
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God (Sola Scriptura).
- We believe by Faith alone we are saved and not by works (Sola Fide).
- We believe Grace alone is the source of our salvation through Jesus Christ (Sola Gratia).
- We believe through Christ alone we are saved (Solus Christus).
- We believe all things must be done to the Glory of God alone (Soli Deo Gloria).
- We believe the term “marriage” has only one meaning, the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture (Gen. 2:18-25). We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other (1 Cor. 6:18, 7:2-5, Heb. 13:4). We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman.
- We believe the differences between male and female, including biological differences, are divinely ordained, integral to God’s design for self-conception as male or female, and meant for human good. Therefore, the rejection of one’s biological sex and adoption of a transgender self-conception is inconsistent with God’s holy purposes in creation and a departure from Christian faithfulness and witness.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life (Ps. 139).
Consistent with our name, we strive to teach students how to view their world and their lives through the Bible and to make decisions and responses based on this guidance.
It is the purpose of the school to provide an excellent academic program permeated with Christian love and faith. Each person affiliated with the school is capable and well trained for their particular task and has a deep concern for the spiritual development of the students.
Valley Christian Schools attempts to establish and maintain an atmosphere that encourages growth in personal faith in Christ and the building of Christian character. VCS is unique because it presents and develops a distinctively biblical worldview in its curriculum and discipline systems. The school prepares students not only for college academics but for “works of service so that the body of Christ may be built up.” (Ephesians 4:12) The Bible presents the explicit view that God created the universe, its laws, and human beings. Sin, redemption and reconciliation are concepts that the Bible presents to describe God’s view of the human condition. Christ, the Son of God, is the answer to the human condition of sinfulness. VCS is governed by this biblical message and recognizes the Creator and Redeemer God. The Bible declares, “The knowledge of God is the beginning of wisdom.” (Proverbs 15:3) VCS seeks to integrate the knowledge of God’s creation with training in righteous living in order to develop true wisdom and character in students.
As God’s children, life only makes sense when we recognize that Jesus is Lord of everything. Romans 11:36 is very clear on this. It states, “For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever.”
At Valley Christian, our prayer is that our students will identify and develop their God‐given talents to live a life of service for the Lord.
Bible Teaching Policy
Since Valley Christian is a non‐denominational school, not affiliated with any one particular church, and because we recognize that we serve families from many different backgrounds, we attempt to emphasize those matters of doctrine upon which we agree rather than emphasize those matters upon which there is disagreement among sincere Christians. The school has a general doctrinal statement that is in agreement with orthodox, conservative, evangelical Christianity. Aside from the fundamentals of the faith, which are written in our doctrinal statement, we do not dwell upon distinctives of any particular group or denomination, and we ask that students do the same.
Genesis Doctrinal Statement
It is the position of VCS that the following is true regarding the infallibility and inerrancy of the Bible, and more specifically the interpretation of the first eleven chapters of Genesis.
1. God created the entire world and all that is living. This was a divine act with every step directed by His hand.
2. The whole of the Bible is infallible, meaning all events and characters as recorded in its writing are historical, true, and real.
3. God created man unique and in His own image God created man for the purpose of glorifying Him and serving on His behalf. (This rules out any possibility that man could have had any evolutionary forbearers or evolved from another state.)
4. Adam and Eve fell into sin and the whole of humanity was made sinful by this act.
Marriage and Sexuality
We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Rejection of one’s biological gender is a rejection of the image of God within that person. We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning. It is sanctioned by God which joins one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union, as delineated in Scripture. We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. We believe that God has prohibited intimate sexual activity outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, pornography, and attempting to change one’s biological sex or otherwise acting upon any disagreement with one’s biological sex) or advocacy of sexual immorality, is sinful and offensive to God. If a student advocates or practices lifestyles outlined in this paragraph and does not repent of it, they likely will not be retained as a student at VCS.