As a service to our families, Valley Christian is providing a couple of transportation options to help ease transportation needs. Valley Christian Schools has experienced tremendous growth in recent years. After serving fewer than 300 students just ten years ago, the school has grown to nearly 1,100 students and we are expecting growth in next year’s student body.
We are updating our transportation offerings to offer a bus service from the East Valley, a free shuttle between the high school and K-8 campus, and we have partnered with a third party carpooling app called Go Together to help you connect with other families potentially looking to carpool. Both transportation services and the student parking permit require an application to be submitted before their indicated deadlines.
Expand the sections below to read more on each opportunity.
East Valley Bus Service
VCS Operated Bus
The terms of this service are changing from 2022-23. In order to ensure that this program is sustainable for VCS and is offered to the families and students who need it most, families are now able to ensure their spot at a cost of $150 per student, per month. The cost for 2 or more students in the same household will be $250 per month. This will allow us to employ designated CDL bus drivers and cover costs for regular vehicle maintenance.
The East Valley bus service will depart at 7:15 AM sharp from Central Christian Church in Gilbert every school day Monday through Friday and then drop off first at Valley Christian’s High School (Chandler) campus in the courtyard and then travel to the K-8 campus (Tempe).
- Bus pick-up at Central Christian Church (CCC): 7:15 AM Sharp
- Bus arrives at VCS, Chandler Campus (High School): 7:45-7:55 AM
- Bus arrives at VCS, Tempe Campus (K-8): 8:15-8:20 AM
Central Christian Church in Gilbert is located at 965 E Germann Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85297
In the afternoon, students will be able to take our shuttle service back to the High School (if needed). From there, students will be dropped off in the courtyard (if needed); otherwise they will travel back to Central Christian Church in Gilbert by 4:35 PM. All students must be picked up no later than 4:45 PM.
To ensure a seat for your student on the bus service for the 2023-24 school year, you must submit an application by no later than May 31st.
Applying allows us to plan accordingly for the 2023-24 transportation needs as well as to confirm your child’s seat in advance of the school year. We will confirm via email that your child has a daily seat on the bus service by June 30th.
We want to do all we can to provide a sustainable and affordable solution for our families, so we do have a transportation-specific financial aid option. Families may apply for this option using the same method already in place for “Internal Financial Aid” (visit our “Tuition & Financial Aid” page and see “#4: Internal Financial Aid” under the ‘Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Opportunities’ section for more info). Families are invited to complete the same application process; the only additional step is for families to specifically note “Requesting transportation-specific aid.”
Between Campus Shuttle Service
VCS Operated Shuttle
We are excited to officially announce that we will be offering a FREE between campus shuttle service. In the morning this will travel from the High School campus (Chandler) to the K-8 Campus (Tempe), and in the evenings it will travel from the K-8 to the High School. The shuttle service is free, and will be available based on a priority system to ensure every child using the service confidently has a seat on the shuttle each day. Priority seating will be determined as follows:
- Those that are participating in the East Valley Bus Service.
- Families with students at both campuses.
- Families with multiple students.
- Date of application.
Pick up will happen at the High School Campus (Chandler) in the courtyard. The shuttle will depart between 7:45 to 7:55 AM sharp and then will drop off students at 8:15 to 8:20 AM (barring any major traffic issues which have been sparse) at the K-8 Campus (Tempe) every school day Monday through Friday.
The shuttle will depart the K-8 Campus at 3:30 PM and then will make a stop at the High School at 3:55 – 4 PM dropping off in the courtyard of the High School.
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than May 31st. We will confirm via email that your student has a daily seat on the shuttle between the High School and K-8 by June 30th.
Go Together, Carpooling App
As an additional service to our families from all over the Valley, we are committing to provide a third-party car pooling opportunity for the 2023-24 school year to assist us with administrating connecting families that might be interested in carpooling. We are excited to share that we have officially signed on with Go Together the carpooling app (formerly known as, Carpool to School)! This allows our families within our school to sign up for the app and connect with each other and Go Together is available to our families at no additional cost!
To get started visit our Valley Christian Schools specific site or by downloading the app!
- For security purposes, each person that creates an account will be reviewed and accepted by our school.
- Start by creating the login to your account through our Go Together VCS site or their app.
- If you get started via the app, select ‘Sign Up’ and then choose ‘Arizona’ and enter in either our Chandler (85226) or Tempe (85283) Campus zip code.
- Once you create your log in you will need to fill in needed information such as ‘My Addresses’, ‘Contact Info’, and ‘Personal Info’ so our Transportation Manager can approve you.
- Approvals will happen within 48 business hours.
Finding a Match:
- Once you are approved, go to the home page in the top navigation bar and choose “Find a Match”.
- Be sure that all of your information is completed such as address, contact info, and student’s info.
Tip: If you are a student, teacher or staff interested in carpooling, you do not need to fill out the Children’s tab to find a match.
- Choose your matching parameters (i.e. The location you are going to and from. Go Together will default to your home address as provided in your Settings as the “Starting Address”).
- Click “Find a Match!”
- Go Together’s Live Chat is available for and questions and help. If you are still needing assistance please contact our Transportation Manager, Greg Fisher.
- Under the Contact Tab you can deselect ‘Available for School Pool Match’ and this will leave you in the system, but make you inactive to be matched as long as it is unchecked.
- Home addresses for other parents will not be seen unless you accept their invitation to join their network. If you have not joined someone’s network you can only see a general vicinity indicating the cross streets as an approximate location for privacy.
- You can also send messages to your matches within the app.
- Parents have the opportunity to create “My Pools” which is a way to look for carpool matches for other trips like band rehearsal, etc.
- When trips are created in your area the app sends out a notification.
Go Together Guide
The cost for parking for high school students and extra curricular activities will continue to remain free as part of our all-in tuition cost.
Student Parking Permit
High School students that are interested in parking at Valley Christian’s High School campus will need to submit an application.
Priority status is given in the following order: seniors first, then juniors, then sophomores. Students must submit a completed application by Friday, July 21st in order to receive priority status.
The parking fee is included in our total cost of education.
The 2022-23 parking application is currently open. The 2023-24 parking application will open at 8:00 AM on July 12th.
Please visit out Parking Permit Application webpage for more information and to apply.
How do I sign my student up for the East Valley Bus Service?
Fill out our East Valley Bus Service Application.
Does my student have to take the bus in the morning and in the afternoon?
No your student does not need to take both the morning and the afternoon bus.
How do I sign my student up for the Between Campus Shuttle Service?
Fill out our Between Campus Shuttle Service Application.
Does my student have to take the shuttle in the morning and in the afternoon?
No your student does not need to take both the morning and the afternoon shuttle.
How do I sign my student up for a student parking permit?
Please visit our Parking Permit Application webpage to learn more and to apply.
We want to do all we can to provide a sustainable and affordable solution for our families, so we do have a transportation-specific financial aid option.
- Families may apply for this option using the same method already in place for “Internal Financial Aid” (visit our “Tuition & Financial Aid” page and see “#4: Internal Financial Aid” under the ‘Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Opportunities section for more info). Families are invited to complete the same application process; the only additional step is for families to specifically note “Requesting transportation-specific aid.”
- Parents can update their FACTS Grant & Aid application by simply logging back into the application and updating it or adding a comment.
- All applicants will be notified by FACTS Grant & Aid.
- Families with verified applications will be notified of award status by end of September 2023
- Parents must accept the award and then the award is applied across the remaining payments due.
Parents are welcome to call the FACTS Grant & Aid phone number (866-315-9262) if they need help.
We are excited to share that we have hired a Transportation Manager, Greg Fisher. Praise God for His continued provision. If you have any questions in regards to our transportation, please feel free to reach out to Greg via email at [email protected].