The Valley Christian Volunteer Community (VCVC) adds lifelong value to our children’s education. Through their presence and volunteerism, VCVC members have a meaningful impact on our students’ overall school experience.
VCS Campus Guest
Campus guests qualify as one (or more) of the following:
- Individuals who have a current student or students enrolled at VCS.
- Individuals who are invited by current VCS staff members as a “guest speaker.”
- Any individual deemed as an emergency pick-up, grandparent, or sibling authorized by a VCS parent or guardian.
Campus guests are cleared for the following:
- Attend school functions such as school chapels or speaking opportunities after being invited by current VCS staff members (e.g. career advice, Bible testimonies, etc.).
- All guests must sign-in at the front desk of the campus they are visiting.
- Parents and grandparents are invited to attend chapels! For security purposes, chapel guests on the K-8 campus will be asked to quickly display their car tag and photo ID.
Level One Volunteer
A Level 1 volunteer is a casual volunteer. Level 1 volunteers are volunteering at VCS in a supervised capacity, with no student interaction, for a specific purpose, for a limited time.
Example: A Level 1 volunteer can decorate for events, such as Homecoming Week, school dances, Legacy Auction, and Champions’ Breakfast. Level 1 volunteers can serve at the staff gift wrapping event, Teacher Appreciation Week, Angel program, concessions for athletics, photocopying lesson plans in the school office, etc.
Requirements: Level 1 volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application form. The purpose of this form is for us to have names/contact information of everyone volunteering on our campuses. There is no requirement for a background check/fingerprint card for this level of volunteer.
Must Submit: Volunteer Application (Click Here)
Level Two Volunteer
A Level 2 volunteer is a supervised volunteer who is a “student-facing” volunteer, while still under VCS supervision. Level 2 volunteers who will be working with students will do so in a supervised capacity on a single day basis on VCS campuses. Level 2 volunteers are not able to serve as field trip chaperones or serve on overnight trips.
Example: A Level 2 volunteer can be one who is leading a sponsored class reunion, directing a community service project, serving in the lunch program, field day, Trojan Spirit Shop, etc.
Requirements: Level 2 volunteers must fill out a Volunteer Application. All Level 2 volunteers must also pass a background check through our background check provider or provide a copy of a Level 1 IVP fingerprint card. If you elect to have a background check done, there is a $19.95 fee to process the background check. To begin the background check via SentryLink, click here.
Must Submit: Valid Level 1 IVP Fingerprint Card OR Background Check, AND Volunteer Application (Click Here)
For more on how to obtain a Level 1 IVP fingerprint card or a background check, please see the “Fingerprint Information” and “Background Check Information” toggles to the right.
Important Background Check Reminder: Once you receive your results (instantly or via email, share your report with VCS. SentryLink will only allow you to share once, so should you need to re-send, you can save a PDF of your report and email directly to Development. We recommend you encrypt the email.
Level Three Volunteer
A Level 3 volunteer is a volunteer who serves in a leadership capacity while with VCS. This is someone who could reasonably be perceived as representing VCS within their role. A Level 3 volunteer is a “student-facing” volunteer. This means that volunteers can come into direct contact with students and are able to serve without VCS supervision.
Example: Level 3 volunteers are those who consistently serve. Level 3 volunteers can be classroom aides, chaperones for field trips, overnight trips, choir tour, etc.
Requirements: Volunteer are to fill out a Volunteer Application. This level of volunteer is required to have a Level 1 IVP Fingerprint Card, the same as any VCS employee.
We recognize the increased level of commitment that our level three volunteers have made to the school and will reimburse some of the cost (up to $55) to obtain a fingerprint card. Receipts and a copy of the card should be turned-in to the school office in an envelope marked “Attn: Development Office” or emailed to [email protected].
Must Submit: Valid Level 1 IVP Fingerprint Card AND Volunteer Application (Click Here)
For more on how to obtain a Level 1 IVP fingerprint card, please see the “Fingerprint Information” toggle to the right.
For instructions on obtaining a level one fingerprint card please see the links below:
- Community Wellness and Safety of Arizona (Gilbert location, $90 for IVP, Fingerprinting, Background Check, and Processing Fee)
- Arizona Livescan Fingerprinting (Mesa location is closest, walk-in appointments only, $99 for IVP and Fingerprinting)
VCS will reimburse up to $55 of the total cost of your fingerprint card. Please keep your receipt. Receipts and a copy of the card should be turned-in to the school office in an envelope marked “Attn: Development Office” or emailed to [email protected] for reimbursement.
Background Check Information
Below is a link to a guide to complete your background check online:
Important Instructions: Once you receive your results (instantly or via email, share your report with VCS by completing the steps below. SentryLink will only allow you to share once, so should you need to re-send, you can save a PDF of your report and email directly to our Development Office. We recommend you encrypt the email.
Sharing a Report on SentryLink:
- Sign in to your account at: https://www.sentrylink.com/web/logon.jsp.
- Across the top, you will see a section called “My Account.” Click on the “My Reports” option.
- On the My Reports and Payment page, click on the red box “List Reports and Payments” and you will see the description of your report. Click on your report, and you will see the report results again.
- Click on the red box that states “Share This Report.”
How long is my background check valid for?
- Background checks are valid for one year. If you would like to continue volunteering next year, you will need to submit an updated background check.
How long is my IVP Level 1 Fingerprint Card valid for?
- IVP Level 1 Fingerprint Cards are valid for 6 years, but VCS will run Volunteer IVP numbers every year to validate clearance. VCS can revoke Level 3 clearance at any time.
Do I need to have a background check to attend a class party?
- You can attend class parties without having a background check (See “VCS Campus Guest” toggle to the left.).
How can I serve as a chaperone on my student’s field trip?
- Volunteers must be a Level 3 volunteer to chaperone field trips (See “Level 3 Volunteer” toggle to the left.).
Can I help in my student’s classroom?
- Yes, classroom volunteering opportunities are grade and class specific. Please see your child’s teacher to learn about in-classroom opportunities. To volunteer in the classroom, all volunteers must be at least Level 2 (Level 2 for single day volunteering and Level 3 for routine volunteering, i.e. classroom aide).
How long does it take to receive my background check?
- You should receive your background check within 1-4 days of submission.
Can I be reimbursed for my background check?
- No, VCS only offers reimbursement up to $55 for Level 1 IVP Fingerprint Clearance Cards.
How long does it take to receive an IVP Level 1 Fingerprint Card?
- You should receive your fingerprint card within 2-4 weeks of submission.
How much does VCS reimburse for IVP Level 1 Fingerprint Cards?
- Fingerprinting costs $90-$100, and VCS will reimburse up to $55 of that cost with a submission of your receipt.
How do I receive my reimbursement for my IVP Level 1 Fingerprint Card?
- Submit your receipt and your current mailing address to [email protected].
If you have any questions about what level is required for the specific areas that you would like to volunteer in, please contact our Development Office at [email protected]. Thank you so much for being willing to serve at our school!
“From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.”
We could not do what we do at Valley Christian Schools without the incredible support of our volunteer community.
One way you can support VCS on your own time and from your own home is by writing a positive review for our school. If you are having, or have had, a great experience at VCS, please consider taking 60 seconds to write a review on the following websites:
This shows up in Google search results, whether folks use Google Plus or not.
With more than 1,000 likes and an average weekly reach of nearly 10,000, we all know that people “live” on social media, with Facebook chief among them. A positive review on Facebook means the world.
This is one of the foremost review sites for schools across the country. If you Google “best schools in Chandler,” GreatSchools.org shows up first!
Voting for the annual Ranking Arizona publication ends on July 31st at midnight. Voters can vote once per hour per subcategory.