Volunteer Leadership Application
In order for a member of the Valley Christian community to take on a volunteer leadership role at VCS, he/she must agree to our statement of faith, mission statement, and spiritual qualifications (each listed below). While we do not expect “perfection” from our volunteers, it is important that our volunteers are seeking to honor the Lord in the ways described below. Volunteer leadership roles include, but are not limited to:
- Representing VCS on campus
- Representing VCS off campus
- Representing VCS digitally (email, online, social media)
- Acting as a verbal or written spokesperson for VCS
- This includes email correspondence, emceeing an event, representing VCS in front of another individual or group of people, etc.
- Answering questions related to VCS, a VCS event, a VCS employee, a VCS policy, etc.
To be approved as a Volunteer Leader, please complete the following:
- Review the statement of faith, mission statement, and spiritual qualifications below.
- If you agree, without reservation, to each of these, please complete the document below.
You will be contacted within 72 hours by a school representative regarding your application status. Depending on your level of involvement with students and other volunteers, you may be asked to complete a background check.
The mission of Valley Christian Schools is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
Valley Christian Schools is a non-denominational Christian school with families from numerous churches that agree with the following statement:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired and only infallible authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, and His bodily Resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Valley Christian Schools is open to qualified volunteers who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Valley Christian Schools is a religious educational ministry.
Spiritual maturity is necessary for volunteers that work with our youth. We are looking for the following spiritual characteristics:
- Must be a “born-again” Christian who knows the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior (John 3:3, 1 Peter 1:23).
- Accepts, without reservation, Valley Christian High School’s Statement of Faith.
- Agrees with Valley Christian’s mission statement and will work towards fulfilling that mission to the best of his/her ability as a volunteer.
- Affirms that the Bible is God’s Word and the standard for faith and daily living.
- Manifests by daily example, the highest Christian virtue serving as a Christian role model (1 Timothy 4:12).
- Must be a role model in judgment, dignity, respect, and Christian living. This includes the development of the Fruits of the Spirit in one’s life (Galatians 5:22-23), and refraining from engaging in personal areas of liberty in situations where an offense may be created within the Body of Christ. (I Cor. 8:9, Eph. 5:18, Col. 3:17, Titus 2:7-8 TLB, I Thess. 5:22-23, and James 3:17-18).
- Faithful attendance at a local evangelical church whose fundamental beliefs are in agreement with the Valley Christian High’s Statement of Faith (Hebrews 10:25).
- Agrees to accept the board’s interpretation of biblical standards for sexual behavior. Any sexual misconduct including, but not limited to: premarital, extramarital, or homosexual activity; sexual harassment; use or viewing of pornographic material or websites; and sexual abuse of children, is forbidden and violates the requirement of being a Christian role model (Romans 12:1-2; I Corinthians 6:9-20; Ephesians 5:1-11; I Thessalonians 4:3-8; I John 3:1-3).
- Agrees that the unique roles of the male and female are clearly defined in Scripture, and that Romans 1:24-32 condemns the homosexual lifestyle and same sex marriage (Romans 12:1-2; 1 Cor. 6:9-20; Ephesians 4:1-11, 5:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; 1 Timothy 4:12; 2 Timothy 2:19-22; 1 Peter 1:15-16, 2:15-17; 1 John 3:1-3).