The Winfrey Family STEM Scholarship
The Winfrey Family STEM Scholarship testifies to the legacy and generosity of longtime donors, alumni family and friends, Chuck & Pam Winfrey. The Winfreys have a passion for STEM education specifically at Valley Christian Schools. They serve on the STEM committee and use their experience and expertise in guiding the future of STEM education at VCS. The Winfreys are establishing an endowment scholarship to current 11th or 12th grade students who have a long-term focus on STEM education to assist with tuition to attend Valley Christian Schools.
“The Lord has blessed our family in so many ways through Chuck’s engineering education and career at Motorola/General Dynamics and we are interested in a way of paying it forward through this scholarship.” The Winfreys”
Looking to give (donors)?
Use the giving form below to give a tax-deductible gift in support of this annual scholarship. More information on the scholarship, its intent, and Belinda’s life can be found below.
Looking to apply (students)?
Students who would like to apply for this annual scholarship may do so using the application form below (if the form is unavailable, the application window is currently closed).
The form above is embedded into this webpage. This means that the entire page will not refresh after you click “Submit.” Please do not refresh your browser if you’ve pressed “Submit.” After submitting, your form will disappear and will be replaced by a “thank you” message. You may need to scroll up (or back down) to see this message. If you have any questions about your transaction, please contact Troy Thelen at [email protected]
Financial need-based scholarship for a current VCS family.
$2,000, one-time scholarship, to be awarded and distributed annually.
- Applicants will be 11th or 12th grade students with a long-term focus on STEM education currently enrolled at VCS.
- If no suitable student qualifies, the award may be given to a 9th or 10th grade student currently enrolled at VCS.
- Applicant families must have a FACTS Grant and Aid application completed and on file for the school year the scholarship applies.
- To access this Aid application, please go to valleychristianaz.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/.
- From there, click on “Tuition Assistance Guide”.
- #3 in this guide is information on Internal Financial Aid. You can access the FACTS Grant and Aid application there.
- Student’s GPA/classroom performance will be reviewed as part of application.
- An essay is required from both the student’s parent(s) and the student as part of the application criteria.
- Parent(s) should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing the family, the financial need, and their passion for Christian education.
- Student should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing their interest in STEM education and Christian education.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
- Complete the form below.
- 2022-23 applications must be submitted by October 31, 2022.
- The winner will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
- The scholarship will be awarded within 30 days of notification.
- This scholarship is intended for a student’s VCS tuition.
This form is not yet available.
After clicking “Submit,” the page will refresh and you will see a confirmation that your application has been submitted. This will display in red text and say, “Thank you for completing the scholarship application.” If you do not see this confirmation, your application may not have been submitted.