The Justin Kyle Lett, “Dream Then Do, in the Name of the Lord,” Memorial Scholarship testifies to the legacy and spirit of VCS alumnus, Justin Lett, Class of 2007.
The Lett family and the VCS community lost Justin suddenly in 2018 at the young age of 28. The Lett family worked with VCS to start this fund in honor of Justin and his love for God, people, and the gift that is life. Justin truly lived with passion for every moment, cultivating relationships, investing in those people, and making precious memories with beautiful and eternal consequences in all our lives. Justin graduated with honors from Samford University in 2011, with a double major in marketing and entrepreneurship. He had the innate natural giftedness to imagine and create, a gift he was steadily harnessing. Justin dreamt up, penned, and consistently lived out every day the phrase “Dream then Do, in the Name of the Lord.”
2021-2022: Izaak Kubat
2020-2021: Carolyn Slater
2019-2020: Abigail Cammiso
Looking to give (donors)?
Use the giving form below to give a tax-deductible gift in support of this annual scholarship. More information on the scholarship, its intent, and Justin’s life can be found below.
Looking to apply (students)?
Students who would like to apply for this annual scholarship may do so using the application form below (if the form is unavailable, the application window is currently closed).
The form above is embedded into this webpage. This means that the entire page will not refresh after you click “Submit.” Please do not refresh your browser if you’ve pressed “Submit.” After submitting, your form will disappear and will be replaced by a “thank you” message. You may need to scroll up (or back down) to see this message. If you have any questions about your transaction, please contact Kittren Johnson at [email protected]
The Justin Kyle Lett, “Dream Then Do, in the Name of the Lord,” Memorial Scholarship provides a merit-based scholarship to one VCS student at the high school campus who exemplifies the same values that Justin lived out: high integrity, hard-working, academically-driven, well-rounded, and a spirit of “Dream Then Do, in the Name of the Lord.”
$1,000, one-time scholarship, to be awarded and distributed annually
- Student must currently be enrolled at Valley Christian High School (grades 9-12)
- Student must have a minimum cumulative, unweighted GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Student must demonstrate some level of “well-roundedness,” and must be a verified, committed member of a VCS athletic team or club
- Students that demonstrate some level of “well-roundedness” and participation in clubs, programs, teams, etc will be given preference
- Student must complete an essay (no more than 500 words total) answering all three of the following prompts:
- What extra-curricular programs – athletic and otherwise – are you involved in, inside and outside of VCS?
- Share a brief testimony of your relationship with the Lord
- Explain how you live out the “dream then do, in the name of the Lord” creed, through the calling God has placed on you and your life, and through the gifts He has given you. How do you pursue your God-given creative pursuits with integrity, passion, honor, relentlessness, unwavering conviction, and love?
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
- Complete the form below.
- 2022-23 applications must be submitted by March 31, 2023.
- The winner will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
- The scholarship will be awarded within 30 days of notification.
- The scholarship is intended for a student’s high school tuition; only if a senior is already paid in full will the tuition be passed along toward their college tuition.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
After clicking “Submit,” the page will refresh and you will see a confirmation that your application has been submitted. This will display in red text and say, “Thank you for completing the Justin Kyle Lett, “Dream Then Do, in the Name of the Lord,” Memorial Scholarship application.” If you do not see this confirmation, your application may not have been submitted.