Belinda Miller Memorial Scholarship
The Belinda Miller Memorial Scholarship testifies to the legacy and generosity of VCS grandparent, Belinda Miller.
Belinda passed in November 2018 at the age of 64. She is lovingly remembered by her husband of many years, Tim Miller, as well as her children, Heather (Michael) and Brandon (Brittni), as well as many grandchildren, including current VCS students as of the time of the Fund’s establishment.
Tim and Belinda shared a firm belief in Christ as their Savior and of the value of Christian education. After Belinda’s passing, Tim asked for the opportunity to begin an annual scholarship in Belinda’s name to bless a family who may otherwise not be able to attend VCS. The Belinda Miller Memorial Scholarship is the method the School has chosen to honor that request.
Looking to give (donors)?
Use the giving form below to give a tax-deductible gift in support of this annual scholarship. More information on the scholarship, its intent, and Belinda’s life can be found below.
Looking to apply (students)?
Students who would like to apply for this annual scholarship may do so using the application form below (if the form is unavailable, the application window is currently closed).
The form above is embedded into this webpage. This means that the entire page will not refresh after you click “Submit.” Please do not refresh your browser if you’ve pressed “Submit.” After submitting, your form will disappear and will be replaced by a “thank you” message. You may need to scroll up (or back down) to see this message. If you have any questions about your transaction, please contact Kittren Johnson at [email protected]
Financial need-based scholarship for a current VCS family.
$2,000, one-time scholarship, to be awarded and distributed annually.
- Student must currently be enrolled at Valley Christian Schools (grades K-12).
- Student’s GPA/classroom performance will be reviewed as part of application.
- An essay is required from both the student’s parent(s) and the student as part of the application criteria.
- Parent(s) should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing the family, the financial need, and their passion for Christian education.
- Student should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing their interest in Christian education or Valley Christian, specifically. Note that age appropriateness will be considered in the essay. Parent(s) may write essay for students learning or unable to write.
- Applicant families must have a FACTS Grant and Aid application completed and on file for the school year the scholarship applies.
- To access this Aid application, please go to valleychristianaz.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/.
- From there, click on “Tuition Assistance Guide”.
- #3 in this guide is information on Internal Financial Aid. You can access the FACTS Grant and Aid application there.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
- Complete the form below.
- 2022-23 applications must be submitted by March 31, 2023.
- The winner will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
- The scholarship will be awarded within 30 days of notification.
- This scholarship is intended for a student’s VCS tuition.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
After clicking “Submit,” the page will refresh and you will see a confirmation that your application has been submitted. This will display in red text and say, “Thank you for completing the scholarship application.” If you do not see this confirmation, your application may not have been submitted.