The Bailey (Voss) Dykstra Scholarship
The Bailey (Voss) Dykstra Scholarship
With gratefulness for the quality Christian education provided to our family, the Voss family offers this scholarship to VCS students who have a financial need in honor of Bailey (Voss) Dykstra (’07).
Steven and Wendy Voss have served the Valley Christian community for more than two decades, through regular gifts of time, talent, and treasure. Through the date of the Fund’s establishment, Steven had served for a total of 9 years on the VCS Board of Directors across two terms, and once served in an interim role in the VCS Business Office in a time of significant need. Wendy has volunteered and served on numerous committees over the years in support of VCS. The Voss family has also served VCS through their successful design studio, offering the highest quality land planning and landscape architecture services, and have employed numerous VCS alumni and community members. Steven and Wendy’s two children, Taylor (’04) and Bailey (’07), are proud Valley Christian alumni.
Looking to give (donors)?
Use the giving form below to give a tax-deductible gift in support of this annual scholarship. More information on the scholarship, its intent, and Belinda’s life can be found below.
Looking to apply (students)?
Students who would like to apply for this annual scholarship may do so using the application form below (if the form is unavailable, the application window is currently closed).
The form above is embedded into this webpage. This means that the entire page will not refresh after you click “Submit.” Please do not refresh your browser if you’ve pressed “Submit.” After submitting, your form will disappear and will be replaced by a “thank you” message. You may need to scroll up (or back down) to see this message. If you have any questions about your transaction, please contact Kittren Johnson at [email protected]
Financial need-based scholarship for a current VCS family.
$1,000, one-time scholarship, to be awarded and distributed annually.
- Applicants will be a first year VCS family in grades 9-12.
- If no suitable student qualifies, the award may be given to a non-first year student in grades 9-12. If still no suitable student qualifies, the scholarship will be reopened in the spring semester to a family in any grade at VCS.
- Applicant families must have a FACTS Grant and Aid application completed and on file for the school year the scholarship applies.
- To access this Aid application, please go to valleychristianaz.org/admissions/tuition-financial-aid/.
- From there, click on “Tuition Assistance Guide”.
- #3 in this guide is information on Internal Financial Aid. You can access the FACTS Grant and Aid application there.
- Student’s GPA/classroom performance will be reviewed as part of application.
- An essay is required from both the student’s parent(s) and the student as part of the application criteria.
- Parent(s) should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing the family, the financial need, and their passion for Christian education.
- Student should complete an essay (up to 300 words) describing their interest in Christian education or Valley Christian, specifically.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
- Complete the form below.
- 2023-24 applications must be submitted by October 31, 2023.
- The winner will be notified within 30 days of the application deadline.
- The scholarship will be awarded within 30 days of notification.
- This scholarship is intended for a student’s VCS tuition.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
After clicking “Submit,” the page will refresh and you will see a confirmation that your application has been submitted. This will display in red text and say, “Thank you for completing the scholarship application.” If you do not see this confirmation, your application may not have been submitted.