Dear Parents and Students of the Junior High,
We have found ourselves in interesting times. We know that God is in control and He will be with us in and through these challenging times. After careful consideration, our school has decided to follow recommended protocol regarding the Coronavirus. However, we will not be totally shut down. At this point students will not be attending school but will be receiving on-line instruction from 3/18/20 until 3/27/20. The school will continue to review the ever-evolving situation regarding Coronavirus protocol and plan for the operation of school beyond March 27th. Here is some critical information:
All events, trips and athletic events (including practice) are cancelled until at least 3/27/20, but we will make decisions regarding events scheduled after the 27th at a later date.
8am – 2pm Monday – Friday
Gate code is temporarily disabled. Contact the office if you need to retrieve something from the school.
Teacher Office Hours
9am – 1pm Monday – Thursday
9am – 12pm Friday
Teachers will answer emails from 8am – 4pm Monday – Friday
Teachers will send an email on Tuesday afternoon, March 17th with specific instructions regarding their online classes. In order to not overwhelm our students with work, our classes will follow an alternating schedule. Each class session is designed to provide instruction for 1.5 to 2 hours of work/lecture/reading. For example:
- On 3/18/20 students will receive instruction in two classes, ELA and Science. The total time of instruction will be about 1.5-2 hours/class. All assignments given that day will be due the following day, 3/19/20, by 9:00 am.
- On 3/19/20 students will receive instruction in two classes, Social Studies and Math. The total time of instruction will be about 1.5-2 hours/class. All assignments given that day will be due the following day, 3/20/20, by 9:00 am.
- On 3/20/20 students will receive instruction in two classes, Bible and Mrs. McKean’s classes. The total time of instruction will be about 1.5-2 hours/class. All assignments given that day will be due Monday, 3/23/20, by 9:00 am.
- This pattern will continue through 3/27/20. After 3/27/20 we will give further instructions.
|Wed, Mar 18||ELA||Science|
|Thurs, Mar 19||Social Studies||Math|
|Fri, Mar 20||Bible||Mrs. McKean Classes|
|Mon, Mar 23||ELA||Science|
|Tues, Mar 24||Social Studies||Math|
|Wed, Mar 25||Bible||Mrs. McKean Classes|
|Thurs, Mar 26||ELA||Science|
|Fri, Mar 27||Social Studies||Math & Bible|
- Teachers will be available for video call meetings through ZOOM on the following dates and times. Information on ZOOM will be forthcoming. Teachers will also be available for email correspondence during the hours of 8am – 4pm.
|Dates||9 – 11am||11am – 1pm|
|Wed, Mar 18||Mrs. Tonkinson, ELA||Ms. Lorbeck, Science|
|Thurs, Mar 19||Mrs. Gonzales, Social Studies||Ms. McFadyen and Mrs. Loechelt, Math|
|Fri, Mar 20||Ms. Johanningmeier, Bible||Mrs. McKean classes|
|Mon, Mar 23||Mrs. Tonkinson, ELA||Mrs. Lorbeck, Science|
|Tues, Mar 24||Mrs. Gonzales, Social Studies||Ms. McFadyen and Mrs. Loechelt, Math|
|Wed, Mar 25||Ms. Johanningmeier, Bible||Mrs. McKean classes|
|Thurs, Mar 26||Mrs. Tonkinson, ELA||Ms. Lorbeck, Science|
|Fri, Mar 27||Mrs. Gonzales, Social Studies||Ms. McFadyen and Mrs. Loechelt, Math
Ms. Johanningmeier, Bible
- Ms. Johanningmeier will provide devotions for students to do each day. Students will provide a written response. More information will be given through an email from Ms. Johanningmeier in next couple of days.
- A recorded chapel will be provided for students each Thursday at 10am. Students will be required to turn in a chapel reflection by 9am on Friday.
- PE – Mr. Gilliland is requiring students to do 45 minutes of exercise two times a week and submit through Moodle your activity log sheet, signed by a parent due Friday, March 27th by 9am
- Theatre and Theatre Worship – Students will be sent their parts to practice for Seussical.
- 3rd quarter grades will be posted on Tuesday, March 17th.
- VINE will be sending an email regarding VINE availability.
- JH STEM Night on March 24th is cancelled.
- Seussical performance is not yet cancelled but is in a state of uncertainty.
- If a student needs to pick up their iPad or instrument, please contact the office.