Valley Christian Schools
Mission of Valley Christian:
The mission of Valley Christian is that students know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, live like Him, and prepare academically, physically, socially, and spiritually, so they are enabled to make a difference in the world.
Job Description Summary:
This position manages the physical assets of Valley Christian Schools and its related employees. The Director of Facilities ensures the general upkeep and maintenance of VCS property to make sure the facilities meet all city, state, and federal requirements as well as the higher Valley Christian Schools standard. The director handles the daily administration of all aspects of the facilities department.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the general appearance, safety, and functionality of the VCS campuses.
- Select, engage, and oversee all external contractors
- Ensure that the campus is compliant with any safety and security protocols
- Monitor, order, and procure supplies for building cleaning, and maintenance operations
- Inspect, maintain, and repair mechanical, electrical, plumbing, or HVAC systems as appropriate
- Advise on long-term facility development
- Approve and staff special events where needed
- Schedule routine or preventative maintenance tasks
- Oversee the facilities budget
- Adhere to Valley Christian policies, procedures/processes, and codes
- Supervision of facilities staff – includes interviewing, hiring, scheduling, coaching, performance management, and terminations
- Perform other related assigned duties
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Must be a Christian with a consistent testimony among his/her family, peers, and students
- Must have or be willing to get and maintain a valid level one IVP fingerprint card
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona driver license
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in facilities management
- Must have supervisor experience
- Must possess either an appropriate college degree or certification within a facilities trade
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills (multi-lingual is a plus)
- Computer literacy (employee timecards, calendars, tasks, etc. are all computerized)
- Ability to prioritize, organize projects, and manage time appropriately
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings
- Must be able to work during prolonged periods of standing and sitting
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times
- Must be able to travel between school campuses
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Employee medical, dental and vision plans, 401K, and additional benefits are included with the position.
Background Check Statement:
VCS conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Instructions to Apply:
Attach a single document, which includes: a cover letter and resume (including the names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers of three professional references).
Resume should include all employment in month/year format (e.g., 6/10 to 8/16), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position. Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the qualifications, skills & abilities of this position. Candidates who do not meet qualifications will not be considered. REQUESTED MATERIAL MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position. Email to: [email protected]
About Valley Christian Schools:
Valley Christian Schools offers students in Kindergarten through 12th Grade big school opportunities in a small school environment. Established in 1982, VCS provides 700+ students a distinctly Christian education with excellent academics, championship athletics, award-winning fine arts and a supporting community that encourages spiritual growth and the success of our students in and out of the classroom across our three East Valley campuses. Valley Christian is ranked as one of the Top 50 Christian high schools in the U.S., the #1 Christian High School in Arizona, and as one of the Top 125 Places to Work in Arizona. For more information visit, www.valleychristianaz.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Valley Christian Schools does not discriminate in the employment of individuals on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, sex, or age. However, Valley Christian Schools is a Christian educational institution and, in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, reserves the right to give preference in employment based upon religion. It is our desire to build an employee community of individuals who are currently actively living out their Christian faith and are in agreement with our policies outlined in Valley Christian Schools’ Employee Handbook.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org